Kalliope tagged me to share seven random, weird things about myself. This is different from the list six boring facts about yourself game. This is weird and random! Ha.
1) I started this blog because someone on another blog said I should. So I said, "Okay." And I did. Just like Sarah Palin - didn't blink, just said yes. I wrote my first post the next day. So, blame that person, whoever it was.
2) I got carded on my 48th birthday (this year) while I was trying to buy Dogfish Head beer. Oh, shit, does that make me Joe 6-pack?
3) I met my husband online.
4) I have my motorcycle license (required for my Vespa).
5) I worked in retail advertising and publishing and was heartsick when Macy's bought Marshall Field's in Chicago (the State Street store was my old employer) and changed the name! And removed the clock!! (Still heartsick...my favorite job ever.)
6) I love Elvis Impersonators! (That's where I was when I was barfed on - see several posts ago - when I wouldn't admit it. I was in Dewey Beach at the Annual Elvis Impersonator Competition. Seriously.). I do not love them all, but there is nothing better that seeing a roomful of Elvii and groups of them talking together. I just think it's hilarious. But the winner of the Dewey Beach Elvis contest? I love him. Kevin Mills. My next husband. To my husband's dismay, he is my current screensaver.
7) I can play "Mary Had a Little Lamb" using my hands as a wind instrument (I know you're jealous, it's okay).
Okay, now I'm supposed to tag some people, so, as much as this seems like a chain letter, I am tagging peeps I think will be game:
1) Raina from If the Lampshade Fits even though I see she just tagged herself but with the other game of tag that's going around.
2) David from Midwestern Malaise
3) Erin from DesignCrisis
4) Stephanie from Even Cleveland
5) Cybill from Sorting It Out
6) Decorina from Decorina and Skylar even though she was already tagged by Kalliope; now she is double-dog-dared.
7) Nerdy Fashionista
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
45 minutes ago